Get yourself monsoon ready with the most pleasant weather to boost up your excitement and get going on an adventure to the most scenic destinations in India during the rainy season.
- Lonavala, Maharasthra: This is the hub for locals from Mumbai and Pune during the rains. Not only is the weather pleasant but the drive is an amazing experience in itself. With breath taking waterfalls and pleasant climate for a quick escape from the bustling city, this quaint town for the Monsoons is on top of our list.
- Goa: Though the peak season for Go would be during the winters but the rains in Goa are worth a visit. The picturesque scenes with the sea around and the drizzle while you enjoy some delicious delicacies, Goa have a lot to offer in the rains as well.
- Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu: Known as the “princess of hill stations” this is one of the best monsoon destinations in India. Situated in the Palani hills of western ghat it offers enchanting waterfalls, lakes and lush greenery and spectacular views of the ghats and hills.
- Coorg, Karnataka: Known for its dense forest cover, it also serves as a biodiversity hotspot showcasing wide variety of flora and fauna. This romantic destination offers enchanting waterfalls, lakes, vast coffee plantations and delicious cuisines to treat your taste buds.
- Andaman and Nicobar: A group of nearly 570 islands, this exotic location has amazing wildlife, thrilling water sports, pristine silver sand beaches, mountains, breath taking natural beauty and tribal tour. This place will never seize to amaze you and you are sure to fall in love with its incredible beauty. it has to be a must on your list of best monsoon destinations in India.
- Shillong, Meghalaya: One of the best places in India during monsoons is the city of Shillong which receives heaviest rainfall during the rainy season. Surrounded by picturesque valleys of Khasi and Jayanti hills, adorned by numerous waterfalls, Shillong offers a panoramic view of green natural scenery.
- Wayanad, Kerala: There is no doubt that Wayanad is one of the best hill stations and a picture perfect place to visit during monsoons in South India. And to the much delight of vacationers, the place also hosts a special 3 - day monsoon festival ‘Splash’ to portray Wayanad as the most popular place to visit in India in monsoons.
- Ladakh, Jammu and Kashmir: This cold desert of India is sure on the list of many travelers and it truly lives up to its expectations. With its numerous mountain passes, sparkling lakes with crystal clear water surrounded by snow covered mighty mountains, it is simply magical. This place is a must visit in summers and post - monsoons as the roads are clear for travel unlike in winters. The Ladakh Festival also takes place from 17th to 27th September. It’s a spectacle of a show and a must visit.
Monsoon holidays in India are surely a lifetime experience as the exotic locations leave you spellbound with its beauty. The hills and mountains get carpeted with lush greenery, the lakes overflow with sparkling water, the waterfall sceneries become heavenly to make you fall in love with Incredible India.
Doubts on this article