1. Ahem - The sound of someone clearing their throat and means “attention” or “listen”
Ahem. . . Can I point something out, here?
2. Aah - to express joy, or surprise
Aah! isn't that wonderful?
3. Boo - Used to scare someone or to voice disapproval
Boo! You went to the park without me!
4. Eh - used to express inquiry, surprise, or to seek agreement.
Eh? What's this?
5. Eww - used to express disgust or distaste.
Eww, that smells horrible!
6. Hmm - thinking or hesitating or to express uncertainty
hmm, interesting idea
7. Jeez - used to show surprise or annoyance.
Jeez! It's not fair!
8. Ooh - la - la - A slightly comical way to refer to something as fancy or special
Ooh la la, look at that dress!
9. Oops - Used to apologize
Oops! I am sorry.
10. Phew - expressing relief
Phew! The assignment is over.
11. Whoa - used to express surprise or interest, or to command attention.
Whoa, that's huge!
12. Yahoo - Expresses joy or happiness
You mean we were accepted for the reality show? yahoo!
13. Yeah - a very strong agreement or approval
Yeah! I will do it.
14. Yoo - hoo - used to get someone’s attention.
Yoo - hoo! Do I look pretty in this dress?
15. Cheerio - used to say goodbye.
It’s time for me to go. Cheerio!
16. Good grief - an exclamation of surprise or alarm.
Good grief! Why are you wearing shorts in the winter?
17. Grrr! - shows anger or annoyance.
Grrr! I’m going to get back at him for that.
18. Humph/ Hmph - used to express doubt or dissatisfaction.
Humph, he probably cheated to make such good grades.
19. Oh dear! - shows worry
Oh dear! I don’t know what to do about this mess.
20. Well Duh! / Duh! - used in response to something said that is too obvious to need to be mentioned
Well, duh! I told you he was lying!
21. Yowza! - used to express approval, excitement, or enthusiasm.
Yowza! That is a beautiful gown.
22. Bah! - Shows dispapointment
Bah! That was a total waste of time.
23. Alas! - Sadness
Alas! We lost the match.
24. All hail - used as a greeting or to welcome someone
All hail the new kids on the block
25. Bravo - Used to praise someone!
You won the race! Bravo!
26. Ouch - Used to express pain
Ouch! That hurt!
Doubts on this article