Global warming is causing a lot of changes in today's life like sea levels are rising, ice and glaciers are melting, change is weather condition globally.
Deforestation is also one of the major causes of Global warming. Clearing of forests has decreased the absorption of carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide traps heat and act like the earth's blanket and warming the globe.
The burning of fossil fuels like coal, petroleum, etc raises the earth temperature as they produce carbon dioxide. This leads to an increase in the concentration of carbon dioxide and other harmful gases in earth's atmosphere.
How to prevent Global Warming?
We cannot stop the rise in the level of carbon dioxide but it can be reduced by
1. By using fuel - efficient vehicles.
2. Replace regular incandescent light bulb with compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs.
3. Switch to solar panels and other energy - efficient appliances which save both money and also reduces the carbon footprint.
4. Turn off the light and other electronic devices if they are not in use.
5. Plant as many trees as you can.
Doubts on this article