Prime Minister Narendra Modi completed his visit to Vietnam on Saturday in what was the first bilateral prime ministerial visit from India to the southeast Asian nation in 15 years.
Here are the key takeaways from the visit:
* The India - Vietnam relationship was upgraded to Comprehensive Strategic Partnership which Hanoi only has with Moscow and Beijing.
* A new defence credit line of $500 million from India was announced.
* Signing of contract for fast offshore patrol vessels by L&T with Vietnam Border Guards under $100 million from the defence credit line given.
* Agreement on cooperation in outer space for peaceful purposes.
* Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on cyber security.
* Navy - to - navy agreement on White Shipping information sharing.
* India to assist Vietnam to participate in UN peace keeping
* Grant of $5 million for software park.
* MoU on cooperation in the IT sector.
* MoU on setting up Centre for Excellence in software development.
* Postgraduate and doctoral scholarships for Buddhist and Sanskrit studies in India.
* Protocol on double taxation avoidance agreement.
* MoU for mutual recognition of standards.
* MoU on cooperation in health and medicine.
* MoU between Indian Council for World Affairs and Vietnamese Academy of Social Sciences.
* Protocol on celebration of 45th anniversary of diplomatic relations.