1. Pass away - die
E. g. She passed away in her sleep.
2. Pass out - faint
E. g. He was hit on the head and passed out.
3. Run over - hit by a vehicle
E. g. He got run over by a car.
4. Get over - recover from something
E. g. She got over Dengue.
5. Break out - start suddenly
E. g. Zika virus broke out in early 2015.
6. Come down with - become sick (not serious)
E. g. I came down with flu.
7. Fight off - to free yourself from an illness
E. g. I've been fighting off cold all week.
8. Throw up - be sick, vomit
E. g. She threw up after staying awake all night.
9. Come to - become conscious
E. g. When I came to, I had a splitting headache.
Doubts on this article